We understand that every rider is different. Some riders come too fast, others too short, and others just right. ZIPKEA is designed to accomodate all types of riders.
All braking is done within the ZIPKEA, so no additional poles, cables, or anchors necessary. Installs easily to to your existing zip line.
The speed at which the rider engages the brake determines the pressure applied to slow down the rider. The faster a rider engages the brake, the more pressure it applies.
Easily capture zip line riders that come short of the landing platform. This universal system attaches to the carabiner only, so it functions with virtually all trolleys.
How it works
The energy produced by the rider, or kinetic energy, is absorbed by the brake’s wheels and used to slow down the rider without producing heat or other friction.
Practical for real situations
It’s simple: push the ZIPKEA out onto the line before every rider begins their zip, and now you’ve given your guides the best tool to accommodate all types of riders. Stop the faster ones with ease. Pull the slower ones in after they make contact with ZIPKEA’s capture. What about riders who are coming in at a perfect speed? Slowly retract the ZIPKEA out of their way if they don’t need it.
Is ZIPKEA a good fit for your course?
Because ZIPKEA is designed to accommodate faster and slower riders, negative slope zip lines are our bread and butter. Safely and comfortably brake faster riders while easily capturing riders that come short of the landing platform.
Let’s talk about it
There are a lot of different factors that come into play and each zip line course is built slightly different. Contact us to find out if your flat lines would be a good fit for ZIPKEA.
Let’s talk about it
There are a lot of different factors that come into play and each zip line course is built slightly different. Contact us to find out if your positive slope lines would be a good fit for ZIPKEA.
Fill out the form below to find out if ZIPKEA a good fit for your course.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ZIPKEA is not compatible with all zipline courses. Each zipline course must be approved by Hackwell LLC in order to use ZIPKEA.
Our main goal is to make the industry safer. Because each operation is so different with varying design, builders, equipment, operational procedures, etc, we want to make sure that ZIPKEA is the right fit for each course.
Each ZIPKEA and ZIPKEA EAD comes with a one-year warranty in which HACKWELL LLC will repair or replace any part proving defective in material or workmanship until one year from the delivery date listed on Recertification Label. Also each ZIPKEA and ZIPKEA EAD comes with a 30-day guarantee. If you feel anytime within the first 30 days that ZIPKEA is not a compatible product with your course you may return it for a full refund. The full refund will cover the cost of the product only, installation and travel expenses are non-refundable.
All initial ZIPKEA installation and figuration must be done by a Certified Installer, approved and certified by Hackwell LLC.
Varies by each operation but generally installation is 1-2 days.
Gladly, no. That would really be a pain. It is designed to install right over your existing cable.
For regular maintenance, operators are responsible for replacing wheels. Spare parts such as rope and captures can also be ordered and replaced by operators as needed.
Operators can order additional accessories and replacement parts as needed, including wheels, captures, covers, bumpers, rope, curtain clips, etc. To order these parts, contact your ZIPKEA distributor.
It varies depending on your operation. Number of participants and the speeds at which the riders contact the ZIPKEA will determine how often wheels need to be replaced. A damaged wheel can cause 1) diminished braking power and braking distance and 2) increased difficulty pushing and pulling the ZIPKEA along the cable.
Each ZIPKEA needs to be inspected 1) daily and 2) annually.
The Annual Inspection occurs annually (from first delivery date) as part of the Recertification that each ZIPKEA must have completed, and is carried out by Hackwell LLC. ZIPKEA will go though a thorough inspection and internal components such as wheels and wheel kits, bearings, magnets and any other worn internal component will be replaced if necessary.
- An daily inspection carried out by the operator.
- The following occurs during a daily inspection:
- 1 ) Visually inspect ZIPKEA and ZIPKEA Rope for any type of damage or cracking, corrosion, or loose components or knots.
- 2) Inspect all urethane wheels and wheel kits; wheels with any broken spokes must be replaced within 24 hours.
- 3) Perform a “Glide” Test as described in operator’s manual
- 4) Perform a “Pull” Test as described in operator’s manual
Annually. ZIPKEA must be sent for recertification before the date listed on your Recertification Label. The recertification takes up to 2-3 weeks.
Recertification prices are as follows:
- 8-Wheel ZIPKEA: $299
- 12-Wheel ZIPKEA: $349
- Any parts replaced during recertification will be billed to you at 40%-50% of the MSRP. Any ZIPKEA or ZIPKEA EAD sent in more than 30 days after the recertification date on your Recertification Label will incur a $100 late fee.
Safety & Use
The Technology is the same but the application is different.
- ZIPKEA is used as a primary brake and is designed to be able to accommodate riders that come up short and riders that come in too fast; good judgement from your guide is necessary for best results.
- ZIPKEA EAD is a back-up brake to your primary system and is a passive brake meaning no judgement from your guides is necessary.
Yes. Hackwell reserves the right to approve what qualifies as an EAD for each course.
- ZIPKEA and ZIPKEA EAD do not function properly with ice present on the zip line.
- ZIPKEA and ZIPKEA EAD may have shorter stopping distances in temperatures under 32° F.
Yes, however the operation still must be approved by Hackwell LLC.
- Rider weight limit for all ZIPKEA models is 270 lbs.
- Rider speed maximums vary by model:
- ZIPKEA 8-wheel: Maximum speed of 25 mph; best for lines that average under 15 mph
- ZIPKEA 12-wheel: Maximum speed of 32 mph; best for lines that average under 20 mph
Rider weight limit: 270lbs
Impact speed Limit: 25 mph
Rider weight limit: 270lbs
Impact speed Limit: 32 mph